As with every Fortnite season, season 1 of Chapter 2 comes with a new battle pass full of rewards for players to get. With all the changes that arrived with the new update, players should know that the battle pass itself has stayed mostly the same in Fortnite’s move to Chapter 2.
This time around the skins and cosmetics are mostly themed around adventure and the outdoors. With skins for fishermen, mountain climbers, and rescue workers, for example. As an added bonus, most of these skins have an alternate version you can swap to through the in-game menu. This pass also grants 1,500 V-Bucks for completing the entire thing, meaning you can earn next season’s pass by leveling up this one.
Just like in previous years, the battle pass has 100 tiers for players to progress through. For each of these tiers there’s at least one reward giving the pass a little over 100 rewards in total. You can progress through these tiers by playing matches, where you get more experience for things like first-place finishes and eliminations, or by completing challenges.
This season players can also make progress by earning progressive medals for doing things like eliminating a certain number of players, looting a certain number of items, or farming a certain amount of materials.
There are two versions of the battle pass, a free version and a premium version. The free version has a few rewards, but all of the high-end cosmetics are locked behind the paid version of the pass along, with some of the challenges to help you earn progress faster. The pass costs 950 V-Bucks (or $9.50) with an option to pay 2,800 V-Bucks ($28) to unlock the pass along with the first 25 tiers. If you start with the free version of the pass, any progress you earn will transfer to the premium pass if you decide to get it later.
Fortnite’s Chapter 2 season 1 battle pass is available now, and will end in 53 days.
- Journey skin, level 1 Epic Games via Polygon
- Journey skin Hazard style, level 1 Epic Games via Polygon
- Turk skin, level 1 Epic Games via Polygon
- Turk skin Riptide style, level 1 Epic Games via Polygon
- Rippley skin, level 20 Epic Games via Polygon
- Rippley skin Sludge style, level 20 Epic Games via Polygon
- Remedy skin, level 40 Epic Games via Polygon
- Remedy skin Toxin style, level 40 Epic Games via Polygon
- Toxin skin with mask, level 40 Epic Games via Polygon
- 8-Ball skin, level 60 Epic Games via Polygon
- 8-Ball skin Scratch style, level 60 Epic Games via Polygon
- Cameo skin, level 80 Epic Games via Polygon
- Cameo skin Chic style, level 80 Epic Games via Polygon
- Fusion skin, level 100 Epic Games via Polygon
- Fusion skin style 1, level 100 Epic Games via Polygon
- Fusion skin style 2, level 100 Epic Games via Polygon